By Benjamin M. Compaine
Until eventually the Eighties, it was once presumed that technical swap in so much communications providers may well simply be monitored from centralized nation and federal organisations. This presumption used to be lengthy outmoded sooner than the commercialization of the web. With the web, the long-forecast convergence of voice, video, and textual content bits grew to become a fact. laws, capped via the Telecommunications Act of 1996, created new quasi-standards similar to "fair" and "reasonable" for the FCC and courts to use, resulting in nonstop litigation and low gridlock.This ebook addresses many of the many telecommunications parts on which public coverage makers, company strategists, and social activists needs to achieve contract. subject matters comprise the rules of entry, web structure in a advertisement period, communications infrastructure improvement, the electronic Divide, and knowledge coverage concerns reminiscent of highbrow estate and the retransmission of television programming through the net.
Read or Download Communications Policy in Transition: The Internet and Beyond PDF
Best intellectual property books
With the proliferation of web entry, e-commerce platforms are more and more vital as a brand new and potent approach to distribute, transact, and take advantage of electronic multimedia content material. With the expansion of multimedia content material, administration and safeguard develop into a severe factor, making a want for electronic rights administration platforms.
Highbrow estate security is more and more changing into a important factor for companies. This ebook offers a wealth of unique learn on highbrow estate administration in small and medium sized corporations, whereas additionally addressing the context of innovation and data administration.
A gripping within examine high-stakes lawyering, A Patent Lie is extra facts that Paul Goldstein is an rising grasp of the felony mystery. After being compelled from his high-powered ny legislations company, Michael Seeley—the tough-but-wounded hero of blunders and Omissions—has arrange store in his local Buffalo.
Foreign Trademark type: A advisor to the great contract is helping trademark and IP legal professionals correctly classify items and companies on trademark functions. It explains the forty-five periods of products and providers followed lower than the great contract, a world category procedure for trademark registration adhered to via greater than seventy nations.
- Access to Knowledge in Brazil: New Research in Intellectual Property, Innovation and Development
- To Steal a Book Is an Elegant Offense: Intellectual Property Law in Chinese Civilization (Studies in East Asian Law, Harvard University)
- Constructing Intellectual Property
- Biobazaar: The Open Source Revolution and Biotechnology
- Patents and Industry Standards
- Intellectual Property and Human Development: Current Trends and Future Scenarios
Extra resources for Communications Policy in Transition: The Internet and Beyond
At 171, par. 325. See also GTE ONA, 11 FCC Rcd. at 1398, par. 16. 97. GTE ONA, 11 FCC Rcd. at 1427–28, par. 93. See also ONA Review, 4 FCC Rcd. at 59, par. 110. 98. In re The Bell Atlantic Telephone Companies’ Offer Of Comparably Efﬁcient Interconnection To Intranet Management Service Providers, CCBPol 98-01, DA 98-1655, Order, 13 FCC Rcd. 15617, par. 27 (CCB August 20, 1998); Ameritech’s CEI Plan, 13 FCC Rcd. at 97, par. 45; BOC’s Joint Petition, 13 FCC Rcd. at 13758–59, par. 3. 99. ” Computer III FNPRM 1998, 13 FCC Rcd.
The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, however, vacated the Commission’s ONA rules. 41 Where to Find CEI Plans Previously, CEI plans had to be ﬁled with the Commission for approval. 43 In other words, this provision is retroactive—a CEI plan must be posted to its webpage even if it was ﬁled with the FCC prior to March 1999. Nine Parameters In a CEI plan, a BOC must describe how it intends to comply with the CEI “equal access” parameters for the speciﬁc enhanced service it intends to offer. 44 The Commission made clear that the CEI parameters could be satisﬁed in a ﬂexible manner, consistent with the particular services at issue.
62. See ONA Review, 4 FCC Rcd. at 18, par. 19 (stating that ONA requirements do not apply to AT&T). 63. Ameritech’s CEI Plan, 13 FCC Rcd. at 85, par. 7 n. 18. See also BOC’s Joint Petition, 10 FCC Rcd. at 13763, par. 26. 64. See Status of Rulemaking, page 17, for important information on litigation concerning these rules and the status of an FCC proceeding that will revise these rules. 30 Robert Cannon 65. See also GTE ONA, 11 FCC Rcd 1388, par. 2 (noting that ONA requirements were extended to GTE).