By Kenneth W. Whitten, Larry Peck, Raymond E. Davis, George G. Stanley
This re-creation of CHEMISTRY keeps to include a powerful molecular reasoning concentration, amplified problem-solving routines, quite a lot of real-life examples and functions, and cutting edge technological assets. With this text's specialise in molecular reasoning, readers will discover ways to imagine on the molecular point and make connections among molecular constitution and macroscopic houses. The 10th version has been revised all through and now features a reorganization of the descriptive chemistry chapters to enhance the movement of issues, a brand new simple arithmetic abilities Appendix, an up-to-date artwork application with new "talking labels" that totally clarify what's going within the determine, and masses extra. to be had with InfoTrac pupil Collections http://gocengage.com/infotrac.
Read Online or Download Chemistry (10th Edition) PDF
Similar chemistry books
Because we produced fat and Oils: Chemistry and expertise in 1980, the fashion we expected to up-date the classical texts of oils and fat has manifested itself. Bailey's well-known textbook has been thoroughly revised and a moment version of Bernardini's paintings has been produced. the current textual content is an try to offer a few perception into the present state-of-the-art.
Content material: evaluation of inverse gasoline chromatography / Henry P. Schreiber and Douglas R. Lloyd -- Experimental recommendations for inverse gasoline chromatography / A. E. Bolvari, Thomas Carl Ward, P. A. Koning, and D. P. Sheehy -- experiences of polymer constitution and interactions via automatic inverse gasoline chromatography / James E.
Oxiranes (M. Bartok and okay. Lang). Arene Oxides-Oxpins (D. Boyd and D. Jerina). Oxaziridines (M. Haddadin and J. Freeman). Dioxetanes and a-Peroxylactones (W. Adam and F. Yany). 4-membered Sulfur Heterocycles (D. Dittmer and T. Sedergran). writer and topic Indexes. content material: bankruptcy I Oxiranes (pages 1–196): M.
- High-Energy Processes in Organometallic Chemistry (Acs Symposium Series)
- Raman Spectroscopy and its Application in Nanostructures
- Millimeter-Wave Astronomy: Molecular Chemistry & Physics in Space: Proceedings of the 1996 INAOE Summer School of Millimeter-Wave Astronomy held at INAOE, Tonantzintla, Puebla, Mexico, 15–31 July 1996
- Ferrites Transition Elements Luminescence (Structure and Bonding)
- Advances in Heterocyclic Chemistry. Volume 13
- Das Maitra - Cryptanalysis of Optimal Differential Energy Watermarking (DEW) and a Modified Robust Scheme
Additional info for Chemistry (10th Edition)
3. Acidic and basic properties are contrasted by using blue and pink, respectively. These colors are based on the electrostatic charge potential surfaces where negative charge Unless otherwise noted, all content on this page is © Cengage Learning. Copyright 2013 Cengage Learning. All Rights Reserved. May not be copied, scanned, or duplicated, in whole or in part. Due to electronic rights, some third party content may be suppressed from the eBook and/or eChapter(s). Editorial review has deemed that any suppressed content does not materially affect the overall learning experience.
This will help you to see an overview of the chapter, to set specific study goals, and then to check and improve your grasp of basic vocabulary, concepts, and skills. Next, work the assigned exercises at the end of the chapter. The appendices contain much useful information. You should become familiar with them and their contents so that you may use them whenever necessary. Answers to selected even-numbered numerical exercises are given at the end of the text so that you may check your work. The Internet is an increasingly important source of many kinds of information.
Molecular art presented together with a photograph of a sample or an experiment clarifies the molecular behavior. 3. Electrostatic charge potential (ECP) figures that illustrate the charge density in molecules. Charge distributions within molecules are illustrated with colorful ECP figures. These will help you visualize their effects on molecular properties and intermolecular interactions. Color scales are now included to remind you that these plots range from red (most negative) through green (neutral) to blue (most positive).