By Sally Muir
* the appropriate present for dog-lovers and knitters far and wide * comprises styles for 25 puppy breeds * effortless sufficient to make in a couple of evenings most sensible in express bargains the original opportuity to knit your self a puppy. There are 25 assorted breeds integrated, from a perky Poodle to a burly Bulldog, a pleasant Dalmation to a faithful Labrador. With Sally Muir and Joanna Osborne's designs now you can knit your valuable puppy, reproduce your favorite breed, or perhaps knit the puppy you've continuously desperately sought after. The canines are unusually effortless to make. it's going to purely take a couple of evenings to create a covetable spouse for all times. Idiosyncratic descriptions of a number of the breeds accompany appealing images, making this booklet irresistable for either prepared knitters and committed dog-lovers.
Read or Download Best in Show: Knit Your Own Dog PDF
Similar knitting books
Today's knitters are stylish, smart-and busy. even if they like to knit and luxuriate in making presents for friends and family, they're continuously confronted with the problem of discovering sufficient time to really end what they've begun. Last-Minute Knitted presents solves this challenge. Joelle Hoverson, proprietor of Purl, the hip knitting provide shop in downtown new york, has designed greater than 30 enjoyable, clean, appealing styles, so much of which are made in under ten hours-some in as low as !
Toys to Scare You Silly!
What creatures lurk within the darkest shadows of Mochimochi Land? in basic terms the main cute collection of knitted monsters, comparable to tiny vampire brats, a teenage werewolf, and a miniature gang of killer bees. they are extra lovable than frightening, yet try out to not bruise their egos. those toys imagine they're terrifying!
You'll locate 20 styles for giant beasties, tiny critters, or even goblins that may gobble up your iPad, all rendered in Anna Hrachovec's quirky signature variety. Or create your personal combine ʼn' fit monster with greater than 20 customizable physique elements and lines so you might gather any means you will want. in spite of everything, not anything is scarier than a shrewdpermanent knitter armed with yarn, needles, and a wild imagination.
Whether you're already a faithful fan of mochimochi, love frightening stuff, or simply desire a solid giggle, Super-Scary Mochimochi deals every little thing you must knit your individual international of creatures that may cross bump within the evening within the cutest manner possible.
The visible technique to upload colour on your knitting
Are you a knitter trying to extend your wisdom and tackle new demanding situations? colour provides shiny, advanced styles to sweaters, hats, mittens, and extra. For the uninitiated, colour knitting could be intimidating, however it doesn't must be. educate your self VISUALLY colour Knitting explains, step-by-step, many of the equipment and offers you quite a few tasks that you can positioned your newfound talents to exploit.
Working with color—whether it's one richly toned variegated handspun yarn or a number of shades labored in an complicated pattern—is an effective way to increase from uncomplicated tasks to extra complicated and enjoyable ones. picture through picture, you'll study the entire options, together with stripes, slip-stitch knitting, reasonable Isle (stranded knitting), intarsia, and entrelac. Plus, you'll get a few classes on colour conception and realize easy methods to prepare appealing colour combos.
• positive factors 21 styles utilizing quite a few colorwork skills
• features a sew development dictionary for every technique
• images and specified motives make studying easy
If you're a crafter who learns larger through seeing and doing, educate your self VISUALLY colour Knitting gets you expectantly knitting colorwork very quickly.
From the inventive brain in the back of the large booklet of Knitted Monsters comes an cute choice of sixteen knitted toys, garments articles, add-ons, and nursery that you're going to like to knit for child. sew a complete roomful of sensible items--including an impossible to resist monster cellular, child blankets, blocks, bookends, rattles, hats, and moreFind beginner-friendly styles that utilize your useful knitting timeCreate useable goods in every kind of colours, shapes, and sizes for either girls and boys
- Lion Brand Yarn Vintage Styles for Today: More Than 50 Patterns to Knit and Crochet
- YarnPlay at Home: Handknits for Colorful Living
- Knitting Technology, Third Edition: A Comprehensive Handbook and Practical Guide (Woodhead Publishing Series in Textiles)
- Patons Lace Breathtaking
- Arctic Lace: Knitting Projects and Stories Inspired by Alaska's Native Knitters
Extra info for Best in Show: Knit Your Own Dog
Knit 3 rows. 40 knitting in the sun TAOS convertible vest TAOS convertible vest by Stefanie Japel T he Taos pattern gives you lots of options. Wear it as a tunic buttoned up the front or back, or wear it open as a vest over a blouse or T-shirt. You can also easily add length to make it a sheath dress. The waist shaping, contrasting edging, and textured stitch pattern make it a winner however you choose to wear it. pattern notes andalusian stitch pattern (worked over a multiple of 2 sts + 1) Row 1 (RS): Knit.
US 8 (5mm) straight or circular needles (or size needed to match gauge) decreases • US 6 (4mm) straight or circular needles On RS rows: Decrease with k1, ssk at the beginning of rows • Tapestry needle (worked on an odd number of sts) and k2tog, k1 at the end of rows. On WS rows: Decrease with p1, ssp at the beginning of rows and p2tog, p1 at the end of rows. GAUGE 18 sts × 24 rows = 4" in Andalusian Stitch Pattern on larger needles SKILLS USED increasing, decreasing, picking up stitches 42 knitting in the sun directions The vest is worked in the Andalusian Stitch Pattern throughout.
Knit 3 rows to form garter st edging. Begin Madeira Lace Chart A with Row 1, rep the 20 sts between the red lines 4 times in all before completing the row. Work through Rows 1–34 twice (68 rows). Work rows 69–86 from Chart B once. FINISHED MEASUREMENTS Length: 80” • Lorna’s Laces Helen’s Lace (50% silk, 50% wool; 1250 yd. 5mm) circular or straight needles (or size needed to match gauge) • Stitch holders or scrap yarn • Tapestry needle GAUGE 24 sts × 32 rows = 4” in St st, blocked SKILLS USED increasing, decreasing, chart reading, grafting (Kitchener stitch) 20 knitting in the sun Madeira Lace Chart B 86 85 84 83 82 81 80 79 78 77 76 75 74 73 72 71 70 69 Madeira Lace Chart A 34 33 32 31 30 29 28 27 26 25 24 23 22 21 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 Key to Charts knit K on RS, P on WS yo yarn over ssk Slip 1 st as if to knit, slip another st as if to knit.