By Organization for Economic Cooperation &
Read Online or Download Applying Strategic Environmental Assessment: Good Practice Guidance for Development Co-operation (Dac Guidelines and Reference Series) PDF
Similar environmental economics books
"Implement the fairway thoughts defined in Dan Esty's and Andrew Winston’s bestseller Green to Gold"
Hard-nosed enterprise recommendation for gaining aggressive virtue via sustainability motion in constructions and operations, info know-how, product layout, sourcing, production, logistics and transportation, advertising, accounting, and different key company functions
Whether you're a weather switch skeptic or an environmentalist, sustainability matters can't be overlooked in today’s company international. With emerging strength and common source bills, intensified laws, investor pressures, and a growing to be call for for environmentally pleasant items, sustainability is not any longer an option—it’s a company imperative.
Unlike many eco-friendly company books, the Playbook skips the environmental ideology and bargains completely with instruments and techniques which were proven to chop expenditures, decrease hazards, force sales, and construct model identity.
• Builds on Dan Esty and Andrew Winston’s prizewinning eco-friendly to Gold, which has develop into a company vintage and a staple of administration education around the world.
• indicates intimately how each one company functionality or division can in attaining an eco-advantage over the competition
• deals frameworks, checklists, and motion plans acceptable to any business–big or small, in production or services
The eco-friendly to Gold enterprise Playbook can provide the instruments to make eco-friendly work-and paintings profitably-for your corporation.
Studying and appearing is a topic that has profound effect on our effects and activities because it cuts throughout all fields of analysis. whereas acting is set assembly the calls for positioned upon us, studying increasing the skill for destiny calls for. daily successes and screw ups are essentially end result of the manner we research and practice.
This file is a part of the Bank's present efforts to check the growth remodeled the previous 5 years and to make plans for more suitable effectiveness for the longer term.
- Dangerous Trade: Histories of Industrial Hazard across a Globalizing World
- The International Yearbook of Environmental and Resource Economics 2005/2006: A Survey of Current Issues (New Horizons in Evnrionmental Economics)
- New Transnational Social Spaces: International Migration and Transnational Companies in the Early Twenty-First Century (Routledge Research in Transnationalism)
- Frontiers of Environmental Economics (In Association with the Association of European Universities)
- Natural Capital: Theory and Practice of Mapping Ecosystem Services
- Economics and Ideology and Other Essays: Studies in the Development of Economic Thought
Additional info for Applying Strategic Environmental Assessment: Good Practice Guidance for Development Co-operation (Dac Guidelines and Reference Series)
32783, World Bank, 2005. 4. 3. Stages and steps for undertaking SEA at the plan and programme level Many countries and agencies have developed SEA guidelines and procedures. So far, these are mainly aimed at strengthening plan and programme development and are based on an adaptation of the steps characteristic for EIA. 2). 2. Basic stages in SEA 1. Establishing the context for the SEA Screening Setting objectives Identifying stakeholders 2. Implementing the SEA Scoping (in dialogue with stakeholders) Collecting baseline data Identifying alternatives Identifying how to enhance opportunities and mitigate impacts Quality assurance Reporting 3.
The obligation of public officials and decision makers to render account towards their citizens, and the society at large, regarding their plans of actions, their behaviour and the results of their actions) on a continuous basis as well as social learning, which is essential in order to raise more attention to environmental issues and to continuously improve the design of public policies. Key steps A first step is the identification of environmental priorities and assessing the advantages and disadvantages (through, for example, tangible and intangible benefits and costs) of different courses of actions with respect to the proposed policy on these priorities.
However, efficiency considerations may call for certain linkages to be closed or by-passed. This may require local farmers to transport produce to markets over longer distances and increase the impacts on regional roads and associated pollution. An SEA could evaluate the environmental and social costs and benefits of alternatives, outline the trade-offs that need to be considered, and make recommendations. 3. Improving the identification of new opportunities By encouraging a systematic examination of development options, SEA can help decision makers to identify new opportunities, thus avoiding the missed opportunities often associated with limited choices.